Thursday, September 28, 2006

September 2006

September is the month when real competition starts. I have been playing in the Greater Washington Tennis Association (GWTA) league for years, and this is the true test of my knee.

Since I last wrote in the blog, my movement on the court has gotten better and better. Some people that I play with say that from the first ball hit, to 2 hours later, they notice the difference.

I have now played 3 competitve doubles matches and my knee is holding up fine. I can now get to more balls then in August, but still do not have eveything back. I feel that I am 85% in terms of quickness and movement.

I did have a wierd feeling on the court the other day in my hamstring, and it made me a little cautious, but there was no swelling or pain. I was in the middle of an intense doubles point with a lot of quick movement, and I just felt a jarring in my hamstring.

I am playing singles, and able to get drop shots, and run side to side. I have not started competing again in singles.... I will wait for the tournament season to start back up in January.

In terms of endurance, I have played two doubles matches in the same day... about 3 hours of tennis with no problem. Also, playing 2 hours of singes is not an issue.

So, overall, I am in good shape and the surgery worked wonders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This article is a great help to me! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I just had ACL reconstruct 6 days ago. I tore my ACL on the tennis court during a league match. Reading this article has been really great. It has inspired me to start a journal of my own.
Thank you for the idea!