Thursday, March 09, 2006

11 Weeks Since Surgery

I am really starting to NOT notice my knee a lot more now.

In physical therapy this week, we started working on plyometric-like exercises, such as forward jumping, backward jumping, and diagonal jumping. I continue to do fast steps on a trampoline, and have started doing quick up and down steps on a step that they use in step aerobics. In addition, I am doing balancing exercises on a balance ball and circling a medicine ball around my body with my hands. That is really tough.

We are using the gym floor to do side to side shuffling, starting to do running (yeah).

I am still working really hard on my hamstrings. Working on the kick up to my butt.

I do not feel quite ready to get on the tennis court, but can see that in 3 to 4 weeks, I will probably start to feel ready... whether I am ready is another story!

No comments: