Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday the 13th!

I went to physical therapy yesterday (Jan 12, 2006). It was my 3rd appointment and it went very well. I got my knee to bend 125 degrees. And... I rode the bike again. I am still not walking with my normal gait, and we worked on that quite a bit. I actually feel like all that work paid off because I feel like I am walking better today.

The hardest exercise thus far is the heel slides. It is like doing extreme stretching. You think that there is no way that you can bring your heel any closer to your butt, and then you do.... ouch!! I have been using a martial arts belt under my foot so that when I do not think I can bend my knee any further, I pull the belt a little, very gently, to bring my heel closer, and thus bending my knee more.

My scar: Since I had a hamstring graft, I have an incision under and to the inside of my knee.... The incision is heeling quite nicely, and I am using the vitamin E for the scars.... but there is a build up of scar tissue under the scar. My physical therapist said to just massage the scar to start to break up the scar tissue.... so I have and I think it is starting to break it down.

No comments: