Sunday, January 08, 2006

January 8, 2006 - Still getting stronger!

So it has been a couple of days since my first physical therapy appointment, and I have been doing my "homework". My of the exercises that I am doing at home are focused on bending my knee. I have noticed that I have regressed a bit in my full extension, so I am trying to work on that as well.

This is my 4th day without the brace, and I have no feeling of insecurity with my leg. I am having to relearn how to walk... Heel, toe, heel, toe....straight, bend, straight, bend. Also, I am still walking up and down stairs using one stair at a time. I am taking showers with no sitting.... oh, it feels so good!!

And sleeping.... I cannot just move my leg around under the covers they way I used to, but I am able to get in a comfortable position, and slowing move to another position.

The other day, I went to do some errands, and I was on my feet for about an hour, and I was exhausted when I got home. My leg just gets tired. I cannot stand in the kitchen and make dinner. I still need help.... it is just the time on my feet.

I am still icing my knee every day after I do my exercises to keep the swelling down.

Oh, and for those Martina Hingis fans..... can you believe she made it to the semi's of her first tournament back? Her next matchup is Justine Henine-Hardane..... go Hingis!!!

No comments: