Wednesday, February 15, 2006

8 Weeks since Surgery

It is now 8 weeks since surgery and the infection in my incision is gone and the incision is healing quite nicely.... again!

I have full extension back, and am walking normally. We actually started working on a little running in physical therapy yesterday!

My knee is still a little swollen, and does swell up when I exercise it, but 15 minutes of ice after the workouts or physical therapy, and the swelling is reduced.

I am able to march, with high knees, but I am not able to kick my foot up to my butt. I have the flexibility, but my hamstring is not allowing me to actively kick backwards bending from the knee. My physical therapist says that it takes time for the hamstring to heal when a hamstring graft is used for the ACL.

Oh, and I got my leg to bend 141 degrees.... the goal is 150 degrees!

No comments: