Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Rounding out the Sixth Week

So, I am at the end of the sixth week, on the cusp of the seventh. I had a turning point yesterday. I actually did my normal weight routine, with less weight for my legs. I rode the bike for 20 minutes and boy did that feel good. I am so ready to move on to more challenging exercises.

Today in physical therapy we did just a little bit of lateral exercises... but I can hardly wait for Thursday, my next apt. I am ready to go farther.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that I am almost back to my normal walking gait.

Unfortunately, my muscles are starting to atrophy. Since I am not playing tennis every day, my core and upper body is just not getting enough of a workout. In addition, my right side is not getting what it needs, and is starting to atrophy. This just means that I am going to work a bit harder to keep my muscles in good shape!

No comments: