Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Dec 21, 2005 - Surgery Today!

Surgery.. I've never had surgery before... so it was a little scary.

I went to an outpatient surgery center. The surgery took about an hour and a half, and I was under general anesthesia.

The nurses gave me anti-nausea medicine before I went under general anesthesia, and according to other blogs that I read, that was a good thing. I had no issues with nausea or throwing up!! Yeah.

I came out of the anesthesia about an hour after surgery and felt really good. My leg was wrapped up in an ace bandage and already put in the brace that I was to wear while walking and sleeping to keep my leg stable and straight. It was a little tricky getting into the car with the straight leg, and off we went home.

I did not feel any pain immediately following surgery or even that whole night. The nurses said to take the pain medication to stay ahead of the pain, and that is exactly what I did. So far so good. I am feeling like this is no big deal! I even started doing leg lifts!

Sleeping... hmm... I normally sleep on my side or my stomach... but no such luck with the brace! I slept on my back, kind of immobile. It was not that comfortable, but that is the way it goes!

No comments: