Sunday, December 04, 2005

Dec 4, 2005 - The day I tore my ACL

So, I was playing doubles on Sunday night. It was a really good doubles game, and we were having great fun. I think that we won the first set, and we were on serve in the second set when it happened. I was serving at deuce. We had quite the point with all kinds of running for lobs and drop shots, etc. I ran down a lob at the back of the court and planted my left foot to hit a backhand... okay, so I should have planted my right foot, but there was no time. Then, for some reason, I planted my left foot again and hit the ball. I immediately felt my leg extend down from my knee as well as up from my knee. I just sat right down. Of course, they continued playing and we won that point!!! I was able to get up, walk around, and then proceeded to serve at Ad-In. We won that game.

Then a couple of points later, I was returning serve, and felt my left knee go out to the left side. That was it. I knew something had happened and I had to stop playing. I don't think that I have ever stopped playing in the middle of a game.

I iced my knee on my drive home, and took some Alleve.

No comments: