Thursday, December 22, 2005

Dec 22, 2005 - The day after surgery

Okay, so why didn't someone tell me that the next day would be worse than the first day? I did not feel sharp pain, but felt a throbbing pain in my knee that came in waves. This started at about 28 hours after surgery. Also, my leg was more swollen today than it was yesterday.

When the nurse called to check up on me, she confirmed that the second day was going to be worse and the swelling and bruising should start to appear. Indeed she was right! I continued on the pain medication and tried to keep my spirits up. I did less leg lifts today and just vegged on the couch with my leg up and with an ice pack on.

Don't let the second day get you down if you have to go through this.... it will get better from here.

No comments: