Friday, December 23, 2005

Dec 23, 2005 - Two days after surgery

The brace that I have to wear while walking and sleeping is really uncomfortable. This is probably due to the bruising on my knee.

The pain has subsided but I was still swollen when I woke up. I am now only taking Alleve and off the narcotics!

I am back to doing leg lifts, still icing my knee and keeping it elevated.

Today is the day that I can take off the bandages, and take a shower. I cannot stand in the shower, only sit. I am really nervous about this.

---------

So, I start unwrapping the bandages on my leg, and I have a 6 incisions in my leg. The largest incision is where they took the hamstring graft and is about 2 inches long. All of the others are tiny. Since my leg had been wrapped up for two days it was compressed, yet swollen at the same time. Not a pretty sight!

Okay, now for the shower... so, I am supposed to not put weight on my left leg and somehow get into the shower, and sit down... This was awkward and scary all at the same time, and it took me a long time.... with lots of help from my husband! I don't think that I enjoyed the shower very much. The whole experience was stressful.

All I could think of was, "How am I going to do this every day?"

And that was the end of day two.... the pain had dissipated, but I was still swolen, and I felt like I had hit a milestone with the shower and the bandages.

No comments: