Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Dec 27, 2005 - Six days after surgery

I have been improving every day, and yesterday I stopped taking the Alleve. My leg is bruised and my foot will swell up if I am walking too much.

I went for my post-op visit today to get the stitches out. My doctor said that I should try to wean myself from using the crutches because the brace is all I need. I was excited and nervous all at the same time about that. He said that it is more a mental crutch than a physical crutch to use those crutches. Also, he said that the bruising is normal and it will go away. The blood just drains down after surgery and give it a week or so and it will go away. He said that 3 weeks max in the brace. And then I will be able to walk on my own.

I start physical therapy in a week, and he was happy about my progress so far.
-----------------

Check out the pictures my doctors gave me from the surgery. These were taken while they were inside my knee!!

-----------------

Once I got home from the doctor's office, I started slowly walking without the crutches... it is slow going and will probably take a day or two to feel really comfortable.

No comments: